Picture of drying pottery in the former studio of Denise Aimee Rijnen (Darc Matter)
Studio PANSA is an open access clay and ceramics workspace in Amsterdam. The first of its kind.
THE SHARED STUDIO MODEL
Studio PANSA can be found in an amazing space at the KNSM-Island in Amsterdam East. 376 m2 in a beautifully renovated old maritime building, now called Loods 6.
We provide all the professional facilities needed for members to work freely with clay, ceramics, sculpture and pottery in a spacious and comfortable studio space.
To become a member, you pay a monthly fee, just like in a gym.
But we will also host a variety of separate classes and courses in ceramics.
The shared studio model ensures that professional and part-time makers have an affordable space to work in. They not only share the workspace, tools and machines, but they also share their skills and knowledge. Thus, different creatives will be working under one roof, inspiring each other along the way.
In addition to the importance of sharing, it is paramount that Studio PANSA is a beacon of serenity for individuals amongst a busy existence in a metropolis. Mindfulness is not an unknown concept for ceramists.
A few little FUN facts
- Pansa was a little boy Lennard met when he was living and working for a few months in the Northern part of Thailand in 2012. He was staying in a hut in the paddy fields owned by Pansa's parents.
- Pansa helped Lennard with various sculptures, installations and performances by giving him his pure, playful, naive, honest opinion about his works.
- Pansa must be around the age of 10 now.
- You don't need to have any former knowledge of working with clay, or have any diploma's to work at Studio PANSA.
- We will be hosting many different classes and workshops related to clay and ceramics.
- Lennard got most of his inspiration and know-how from working at Turning Earth, London from 2013 - 2015.
- Glazing and firing is included in the membership.
- Everyone will have their own storage shelf.